What's new

Welcome to HvH Forum!

SignUp Now! Download Free HvH CS:GO Cheats, CFG, LUA/JS Scripts, And More!

SignUp Now!

Other How to start Reversing?

Newbie HvHer
User ID
Reactions
Level
Is it possible for a person with decent experience in cpp/csharp to free a cheat in IDA Pro, and if it is than what are the steps?

Solution
Yes and no.
I have little experience with anything related to c#, but yet I can still somewhat easily free loaders written in it due to the fact that reverse engineering is more about having solid techniques to use and just having a generally okay understanding of how computer memory works.

Knowing how to read and write c++ / c# code will be extremely helpful throughout the process of any large reverse engineering projects, as it can be used to automate certain processes that you will need to execute while freeing something.

It gets a lot more complicated once things like virtualizers and just general obfuscation are implemented in the loaders, and this will normally mean that using a static analyzer (what ida is) becomes somewhat...
Rookie HvHer
User ID
Reactions
Level
Yes and no.
I have little experience with anything related to c#, but yet I can still somewhat easily free loaders written in it due to the fact that reverse engineering is more about having solid techniques to use and just having a generally okay understanding of how computer memory works.

Knowing how to read and write c++ / c# code will be extremely helpful throughout the process of any large reverse engineering projects, as it can be used to automate certain processes that you will need to execute while freeing something.

It gets a lot more complicated once things like virtualizers and just general obfuscation are implemented in the loaders, and this will normally mean that using a static analyzer (what ida is) becomes somewhat pointless because you will only be getting very limited information about what is actually happening.

There is no set "steps" to doing things, because every cheats loader will have significantly different security hurdles that you will have to bypass and all (decent pay to cheats) will have securities even inside of the cheats module once injected that will prevent you from even dumping the memory correctly.

The best way to get better at reverse engineering is by seeing what others are doing and how they are using the tools given to them to their advantage. There is many amazing malware analysis articles and youtubers that could be of help in learning reverse engineering, and ill leave you a few different sources to learn from if you are interested in actually learning.

Hopefully this helps you in some way and please correct me if I made any mistakes, I wrote this quick and dont feel like rereading it lol

Solution
Newbie HvHer
User ID
Reactions
Level
Yes and no.

It gets a lot more complicated once things like virtualizers and just general obfuscation are implemented in the loaders, and this will normally mean that using a static analyzer (what ida is) becomes somewhat pointless because you will only be getting very limited information about what is actually happening.

There is no set "steps" to doing things, because every cheats loader will have significantly different security hurdles that you will have to bypass and all (decent pay to cheats) will have securities even inside of the cheats module once injected that will prevent you from even dumping the memory correctly.

The best way to get better at reverse engineering is by seeing what others are doing and how they are using the tools given to them to their advantage. There is many amazing malware analysis articles and youtubers that could be of help in learning reverse engineering, and ill leave you a few different sources to learn from if you are interested in actually learning.

Hopefully this helps you in some way and please correct me if I made any mistakes, I wrote this quick and dont feel like rereading it lol
Nice one !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.