What's new

Welcome to HvH Forum!

SignUp Now! Download Free HvH CS:GO Cheats, CFG, LUA/JS Scripts, And More!

SignUp Now!

Source Code How can i extract the source of a DLL

Retired from cheating.
Contributor
User ID
Reactions
Level
Theres is a few DLLs that i want to fix but idk how to "free" the source and even if its possible depending of what DLL do you want the source

I'm not Plisskien
Administrator
User ID
Reactions
Level
Theres is a few DLLs that i want to fix but idk how to "free" the source and even if its possible depending of what DLL do you want the source
You can't free DLL to get source code, you can reverse some functions, but it would take a lot of time, and you need knowledge about this. If you see any fixed freeed DLL, it was probably fixed via Hex edit...

Wine Lover
Administrator
User ID
Reactions
Level
depends on how the devs obfuscated it, if its not obfuscated at all just use ida pro to analyze the code, if it has server sided checks you can use traffic debuggers to check what is it pointing, then you can just find the function and set a break point in it, and so on. I would say that you'd need 1+ with reversing to free a dll badly coded, without checks and packed with vmp (NO VIRTUALIZATION). It is not an easy task to do. Btw if the dll is well coded and virtualized, it'd be easier to unvirtualize it and do something called "Hex patching". If you want to fix a dll that is crashing, make sure that the dll is not virtualized, that it doesen't has any anti debuggers in it, and then start a debug process so you can see exactly where it is crashing, and patch it hex by hex.

Average Enjoyer
User ID
Reactions
Level
no you are not able just to take a dll and get the source for it lol. you can reverse the bits you need. if you are talking about getting a cheat fixed just with the dll learn to reverse

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.