What's new

Welcome to HvH Forum!

SignUp Now! Download Free HvH CS:GO Cheats, CFG, LUA/JS Scripts, And More!

SignUp Now!

Help AMD R7 370 nitro 4GB black screen

Rookie HvHer
User ID
Reactions
Level
So,I know it's not really the most appropriate place where I could ask for help for this.The title is self explanatory.Recently I was just yesterday I was going to play some cs,I loaded up airflow (paid version) and went on a sv.Suddenly,while loading the map,my screen went black and had some red combined with yellow stripes on it.I thought "maybe my pc just had too much" (before opening cs I played some zuma).So,I restarted it.Everything seemed normal,nothing really sus going on,but after the windows loaded the screen remained black.So,I said to my self "maybe it's time to reset my pc and install a new fresh windows" so I did.Once it got installed i didn't hesitate to install every update the windows needed,defender update,malware protection,.net framework,etc.After doing all that,like i always do,i went to amd's website to find the latest driver for my gpu.(I never let windows to install the drivers that he thinks are the best for me).I downloaded the driver adrenaline 22.6.1 for r7 370.While installing i was aware of the flickering moment when installing the driver,while the installation was ongoing the flickering started but my screen remained black...I had to find a solution to get back to my windows.The only solution I've found was to go in safe mode,uninstall every device I've had from the device manager (audio,video,bla bla bla).After that still in the safe mode,I've used DDU (Device driver uninstaller).It restarted my pc and I was back on the normal desktop,I went to device manager and my gpu was replaced by Microsofts sh*tty display adapter wich can't handle any game or anything that has any connection with a game.I tried basically everything.Ive tried to let windows to install the drivers,but that caused the black to show up again,I've tried older versions of the driver,same thing,I've tried to install the driver from safe mode,but windows 10 is such a pain in the ass that in safe mode u can't install anything,either with networking safe moder,or without networking safe mode.Its seems that my pc is only working without drivers and with Microsofts basic display adapter.Ive tried to change my hdmi cable with another one,but the thing is that cable works fine and it transmits signal from gpu to the monitor,but gpu doesn't show anything and I've tried to plug a dvi into the gpu and monitor and still the had the same same issue. Tomorrow I'm planning to clean my whole personal computer and look inside the gpu,clean it really good and probably put some new paste (if needed).The reason I've created this thread is because I can't seem to find any solution,most people say that the driver may be corrupted but it's not that issue.I've seen other people with totally other type of gpus (still AMDS) encountering the same issue.Not to mention,i've even tried to use windows 7,but since my pc has components that are over windows 7 requirements I was always getting a blue screen so I back to windows 10.If anyone,but anyone knows how this can be solved or fixed (call it however you want) please let me know in the replys.I can't seem to find any solution just to open my personal computer Tomorrow and make clean and sereen.I don't really wanna belive that my gpu is actually dead,it still function inside the case,and at one point while in the safe mode it appeared in the device manager window.Thank you if you take your time to read this,and again,if you know any solution on how can I solve this issue please let me know in a reply!Have a good night y'all! <3

Rookie HvHer
User ID
Reactions
Level
just sounds like your gpu is dead, it could be possible that gpu is overheating from fans not working, or dust accumulation (i doubt its the paste) but its more likely gpu is dead.

Rookie HvHer
User ID
Reactions
Level
just sounds like your gpu is dead, it could be possible that gpu is overheating from fans not working, or dust accumulation (i doubt its the paste) but its more likely gpu is dead.
The thing is the fans work fine, I've cleaned the dust and now I'm trying to put it back again,at any of this point if my GPU is dead I don't really have any solution just to buy a new.It works fine without drivers and I don't know why.Maybe I will try even older versions for it but I doubt this will fix the issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.